Comment on page
Can I access my data?
An overview on how to access data directly from Glimmer Database.
Direct access to Glimmer Database data is available through PostgreSQL's pgAdmin. Below we will cover the installation and setup of pgAdmin 4, as well as, the steps required to view the data inside of the Glimmer Database.
Below is a one time set up and does not need to repeated unless you are re-installing pgAdmin.
- 2.Click on the downloaded .exe file.
- 3.Follow the installation prompt to install pgAdmin
- 4.Run Glimmer Server
- 5.Run the pgAdmin4.exe inside of the installation directory of pgAdmin
- 6.(conditional) Once pgAdmin is running, if prompted with a prompt to enter a master password enter your windows password here
- 7.With pgAdmin open right click Server -> Create -> Server
8. Under the General tab (enter as followed) Name: Glimmer
9. Under the Connection tab (enter as followed) Host name/address: localhost Port: 7375 Maintenance database: postgres Username: glimmer Password: glimmer
Now with pgAdmin set up and connected to the Glimmer Database you can view the data collected with by Glimmer.
Glimmer Server has to be running in order for pgAdmin to connect to the database.
- 1.If Glimmer Server is not running, run Glimmer Server.
- 2.Open pgAdmin
- 3.Click Glimmer under Servers in left panel.
- 4.Click Databases to show all databases.
- 5.Click database named glimmer-psql-dev.
- 6.Click Schemas
- 7.Click Tables At this point a list of all the different Glimmer tables should be visible to you. Be careful in what you do with these tables because since it is a relational database is a connection is broken or altered the functionality of Glimmer Server or the Client may become limited and unstable. To view the information of a table continue.
- 8.Right click on a given table you want to view.
- 9.Hover over View/Edit Data
- 10.Select All Rows
After you do that a query will occur and all the data with be shown for that table. Repeat to refresh table data or to query the data for any other tables.
If issues occur please contact support at --------------------------